The Engineering, Construction and Operations industries are working to turn concepts into tangible realities in today’s changing environment, no matter whether you are bridging gaps, reaching new heights, or achieving net zero. Also, they always prioritize completing the client’s job safely, promptly, and within budget among these other goals. To manage projects, lower risks and maintain competitiveness in this situation, EC&O companies require an integrated platform that supports the entire construction lifecycle. So, to confidently build your business, rely on sophisticated and intelligent software.
Thus, digital transformation is the only journey and you need a set of established strategic priorities to achieve all the goals. So, this article discusses industry-specific features for the engineering, construction and operations industries offered by RISE with SAP’s Business Transformation Service.
Let us begin by defining strategic priorities and their benefits for the engineering, construction and operations industries!
Digitalization of Expertise and Knowledge
The Engineering, Construction, and Operations organizations must accomplish one of their strategic targets, “Digitalization of Expertise and Knowledge” by the end of the 2025 vision in order to undergo a digital transformation.
To better understand this strategic priority, let’s look at a current example of how BP Trainers operated before and after their digital transformation to better grasp this strategic aim.
Prior to transformation, an organization’s functionality is:
- In a world that is always changing, the traditional HR strategies followed by BP Trainers focused on formal training programmes are too slow, stagnant and impersonal to be effective.
- The shared knowledge cannot flow swiftly when educational strategies are course and certification driven.
- Only a few important topics are emphasized, which hindered the academic performance of all employees.
- Limitations in the context and application of new communication modalities result from classroom-based training.
- Top-down, guided methods had limited access to and use of fresh learning materials.
Post transformation, an organization’s functionality is:
- Developed online learning communities to reimagine human development.
- Make connections and resources for development widely available and offer each employee the freedom to reach their greatest potential.
- The method and timing of their learning are left up to the employees, known as “Flexible work hours”.
- From a comprehensive course catalogue, employees can create their own learning maps.
- Stronger social and active collaboration components encouraged customized course consumption that aids in maximizing each employee’s potential.
To summarize, prior to the transition, BP Trainers used antiquated methods that hindered the company’s overall effectiveness. After the change, they totally shifted online with flexible hours for both studying and working which were proven to be successful.
Now you may be asking, “How can RISE with SAP helps us?”. Here are the primary business capabilities they offer to assist you in reaching your objectives:
- Employees are given the freedom to choose the method and timing of their education and to create their own learning trajectories using a full course portfolio.
- Response to quality and safety risks that is enhanced, quicker and more effective which is made possible with a solid core ERP.
- A single point of entry for project and its execution, allowing project managers to respond to all activities more promptly and correctly.
Top Value Drivers
The major value drivers in the engineering, construction and operations companies post successful deployment of SAP S/4HANA are:
- Reduction in project delivery costs of 2% to 3%
- Reduction of 50–60% in fill time
- 20%–30% An improvement in worker quality
- 50–60% more efficiently producing financial postings
(Note: Data was taken from SAP’s statistics)
To summarize, conclude making SAP S/4HANA your primary system will be a better choice for a more flexible, agile and effective organization as it also comes with regular partner updates.
To know more about how SAP S/4HANA or about other solutions that can help enterprises in engineering, construction and operations companies, do get in touch with us!