How SAP S/4HANA is transforming Maintenance Planning and Scheduling?
SAP S/4HANA is one of the most deployed post-modern ERPs. Whilst the ERP of the 20th century concentrated on the digitization of business processes, the post-modern ERP focuses on the digital transformation of the business process. In this blog, I will talk about how SAP S/4HANA transforms Maintenance Planning and Scheduling.
What functionality does SAP S/4HANA provide for Maintenance Planning and Scheduling?
- Plan maintenance activities that will help enterprise assets run reliably
- Schedule proactive preventive or condition-based maintenance tasks
- Focus maintenance efforts on activities that enhance safety, environmental, and operational results
What are the benefits of using S/4HANA to manage Maintenance Planning and Scheduling?
- Improve asset uptime with proactive maintenance planning and scheduling
- Reduce total cost of ownership by avoiding asset breakdowns
- Enhance safety and environmental compliance through integrated permit and work clearance features
What are the functional changes in the Maintenance Planning and Scheduling functionality in SAP S/4HANA compared to SAP ECC?
- Mass update of material availability status for maintenance orders
- Enhancement of technical object breakdown analysis (combines transactions MCI7, MCJB, and MCJC)
- Simplified search and viewing of all master data and transactional data from maintenance management
What are the innovations which S/4HANA has brought in for Maintenance Planning and Scheduling?
- Core data services (CDS) view for damage analysis, location analysis, object statistics, planner group analysis, and manufacturer analysis
- SAP intends to provide more flexible and improved analytical capabilities to monitor the performance of assets in a future release of SAP S/4HANA, helping to reduce risk through improved asset reliability.
- SAP Fiori–based user experience across all process steps
- Roles with new, dedicated SAP Fiori apps:
- Maintenance Planner
- Maintenance Planner –Resource Scheduling
- Maintenance Technician
- Employee –Maintenance Info
Recently, Kaar Tech helped a high tech manufacturer to migrate from SAP ECC to SAP S/4HANA. If you would like to understand why they moved from SAP ECC to SAP S/4HANA, then I suggest reading this whitepaper. It explains the business benefits and technical benefits accrued as a result of the SAP S/4HANA migration.