How SAP S/4HANA is transforming Incident Management?
SAP S/4HANA is one of the most deployed post-modern ERPs. Whilst the ERP of the 20th century concentrated on the digitization of business processes, the post-modern ERP focuses on the digital transformation of the business process. In this blog, I will talk about how SAP S/4HANA transforms Incident Management.
What functionality does SAP S/4HANA provide for Incident Management?
- Identify and resolve safety issues and learn from incidents
- Provide intuitive entry forms that encourage participation from all employees
- Offer a comprehensive incident management process that enables subject-matter experts to thoroughly respond to, investigate, analyze, correct, prevent, and report incidents
- Gain insight into all safety issues, leading to better preventive actions and a reduction in the likelihood and severity of incidents
What are the benefits of using S/4HANA to manage Incident Management?
- Reduce environment, health, and safety (EH&S) penalties and fines by supporting comprehensive recording and managing of incidents and safety issues
- Increase employee engagement by encouraging employee participation so that they can have a voice and help create a culture of safety
- Reduce unplanned downtime or outages by proactively addressing safety issues to help ensure that production processes run more smoothly and equipment is more reliable
What are the functional changes in the Incident Management functionality in SAP S/4HANA compared to SAP ECC?
- Accelerated performance of daily incident management data processing
- Core data services (CDS)–based analytics for detailed analysis of incidents, injuries, and illnesses data
What are the innovations which S/4HANA has brought in for Incident Management functionality?
- CDS views for detailed analysis of incidents, injuries, and illnesses, including incident root causes, locations, plants, organizations, units, and time data.
- SAP Fiori–based user experience across all process steps
- Role with new, dedicated SAP Fiori apps:
- Industrial Hygienist
Recently, Kaar Tech helped a high tech manufacturer to migrate from SAP ECC to SAP S/4HANA. If you would like to understand why they moved from SAP ECC to SAP S/4HANA, then I suggest reading this whitepaper. It explains the business benefits and technical benefits accrued as a result of the SAP S/4HANA migration.