“Reimagining businesses aligned with the digital age is called digital transformation.”
Digital transformation begins with strategically using new technology, this means understanding, implementing, and maximizing the use of digital processes.
SAP has announced the rest of its conventional SAP ERP systems by 2027, thereby constraining its customers to opt for digital transformation.
Wish to know How SAP can smoothen your migration, let us figure out the How’s Why’s & What’s.
To begin with the What’s, what is the solution offered by SAP?
SAP’s intent to provide a “next-generation intelligent ERP system” inspired the launch of SAP S/4HANA on February 3rd, 2015.
SAP S/4HANA is a digital platform that allows for continuous, real-time transactions and analytics, Big Data processing, and connectivity to line-of-business (LoB) extensions.
SAP S/4HANA provides a proven foundation for high-tech firms to implement industry best practices while achieving operational excellence.
The solution provided by SAP might be S/4HANA. Which might seem to be perfect but aren’t there any other compatible tools with a higher rate of efficiency in today’s market? Well, here’s our answer,
Why choose SAP S/4HANA?
Let’s peek into what makes S/4HANA stand out and why we say it is your single point destination for easing your transition journey.
- The quarterly updating innovation cycle keeps your organization updated with the newest technologies.
- With limitless integration in SAP S/4HANA, you can tailor the standard version to your needs.
- SAP S/4HANA’s robust two-tier architecture allows you to exchange master data and make it readily available by eliminating the need for manual reconciliation.
- The pay-as-you-go and subscription pricing strategies tend to reduce the cost of usage way far than the licensing strategy.
- The implementation portal of SAP S/4HANA minimizes the duration for implementation through the Fit-to-Standard approach.
- Being built on SAP HANA it also holds high-end data processing features. In addition to which SAP Fiori adds on to enhance your user experience.
- The tool upholds the highest degree of automation by combining the benefits of intelligent technologies like Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, Advanced Analytics, and Cloud Computing.
Altogether, SAP S/4HANA fills up your bucket with numerous benefits from technical, business, operational and strategic aspects, reflecting as a one-stop tool for your digital transformation.
If you are still uncertain about your transition journey with SAP S/4HANA? Worry not, let’s see what SAP has to say,
Having 40+years of experience in SAP ERP, SAP understands the flexibility level required in the cloud. To assure the service for such demands, SAP S/4HANA provides the industry requirements and cloud benefits. SAP offers cloud and on-premise services for S/4HANA built over the same technology. The variants of SAP S/4HANA are listed below:
- S/4HANA Public Cloud
- S/4HANA Private Cloud
- S/4HANA On-premise
S/4HANA Public Cloud
As in the name, the Public Cloud is a software-as-a-service (SaaS) solution wherein all clients use the same Cloud. It’s a low-cost, efficient, and scalable model. If your company has standard procedures or can swiftly alter its processes, we can measure the time to go live within weeks.
SAP is taking complete charge of the Public Cloud’s maintenance, by following SAP’s timetable for maintenance, upgrades, and fixes. This allows the prior implementation of SAP S/4HANA solutions into the Public Cloud model.
S/4HANA Private Cloud
The S/4HANA Private Cloud model provides its clients with a dedicated cloud environment, entirely tailored to the flexibility and functionality requirements of the client. It has no limitations in terms of; the language, nation, or location required for commercial activities.
SAP handles the whole infrastructure for Private Cloud, but Clients have control over their upgrade schedule, ensuring that their business is undisrupted.
SAP S/4HANA on-premise is an ERP business suite based on SAP’s in-memory database, SAP HANA. The customer takes control over everything, including the HANA database, applications, data centers, operating system, middleware, servers, virtualization, and networking when using an on-premise system.
Handling the complete functionality might offer extreme flexibility by offering an extra effort. The customer has the liberty to determine the need for updates or maintenance packages.
Now if you’re thinking about how the transition is going to take place?
It’s now time to answer the how question!
Since the ERP system is no longer considered as only a data management tool, but as a driving force behind the digitalization of your organization, capable of entirely re-aligning your business models, the transition becomes laborious.
Though the process would eventually lead to a better business outcome, it’s a not-so-easy activity, as it demands a comprehensible and efficient way of planning, executing, and managing the various operations as follows –
- Impact Analysis
- Roadmap Guide
- Effort Estimation
- Project Management
- Custom Code Management
- Data Management
- Landscape and System Management Training
- Business Process Optimization
- Test Suite
- License Auditing & Optimization
I understand that the process is multi-dimensional and requires additional focus. But with an all-set plan and industry expertise solution, we are ready to go!
Your charted plan for SAP S/4HANA speaks about your ability to adapt to the next-generation business and innovations of SAP products. In your journey towards the digital core, it is an important step to expertise your choice between,
1. New Implementation: For firms who do not have SAP ERP core or are wanting to re-implement SAP core solutions, a new implementation, also known as “greenfield” implementation, is required.
2. System Conversion: In System Conversion also known as “brownfield”, there is no upgrade for S/4HANA. Migration to a new product system is conceivable, but keep in mind that a lot of data transformation is required.
3. Selective Data Transition: It involves the migration of chosen apps or system consolidation into a single S/4HANA system. When you have many instances or distinct functionality in multiple SAP systems that you want to consolidate on S/4HANA you can opt for “bluefield” implementation.
SAP S/4HANA provides several benefits associated with cloud and on-premise solutions, acting as the central pillar of a company’s technological platform and allowing the company to benefit from SAP’s continual innovation. And yes we’ve reached the end,
Make sure you know before you choose. Do get in touch with us for more information.