SAP unveiled its RISE with SAP initiative about a year ago. Since then, multiple official blog entries were issued on the SAP Community and SAP News, explaining some of its core functions and the reasoning for the product’s origin. However, for as many answers as it offered, it raised more concerns about its purpose.
Let’s take a closer look at RISE with SAP and learn more about it.
Defining RISE with SAP
SAP has a long history of incorporating simpler and more efficient workflows into its systems, such as the simplification lists that come with each version of SAP S/4HANA and the concept of a single source of financial truth that accountants and controllers can use in reporting. RISE with SAP is based on those concepts and is organized into a series of “ones,” which include:
- One offer: a package of things for a single price
- One contract allows you to handle SLAs, operations, and issues without having to sign separate contracts for each
RISE with SAP assists businesses in implementing SAP cloud solutions. It hastens cloud adoption by eliminating much of the guesswork and fragmented licensing acquisitions obtained from plague company planning. RISE with SAP offers you the required tools to assist the entire journey.
RISE with SAP encompasses SAP’s S/4HANA Cloud ERP, as well as migration and implementation services supplied by SAP partners; access to the SAP Business Network, namely Ariba; and intelligent business process reengineering, which is enhanced by SAP’s recent process-mining acquisition capabilities.
It’s time to unwrap the bundle and look into each wing of RISE with SAP:
- SAP S/4HANA Cloud
- Business Process Intelligence
- SAP Business Technology Platform
- SAP Business Network
- Outcome-driven services and tools
Decoding the RISE with SAP Bundle
Customers who acquire a RISE with SAP license will have access to the following solutions, tools, and services, they include:
SAP S/4HANA Cloud Suite
SAP S/4HANA is SAP’s premier enterprise resource planning suite, and SAP S/4HANA Cloud is the hosted version for businesses that don’t want to run their system on-premise. Finance, supply chain and supplier relationship management, sales, and R&D are among the line of business solutions included in this package, with additional solutions scheduled. SAP HANA is used to power the system at the backend to deliver real-time business data and analytics.
SAP S/4HANA Cloud is powered with AI, machine learning, and advanced analytics to empower your business with intelligence. It assists businesses in adopting new business models, managing rapid business transformation, orchestrating internal and external resources, and utilizing AI’s predictive capability.
System Hosting Options
Customers must select a system host since SAP S/4HANA Cloud is hosted on the cloud. While SAP provides the option of running the solution on SAP servers, a number of hyperscalers also provide the option of hosting an SAP S/4HANA Cloud solution. Amazon Web Services (AWS), Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud, and Alibaba Cloud are the available hosting options for you.
SAP Business Network
The SAP Business Network Starter Pack is a suite of tools that lets users connect with trading parties like suppliers, carriers, and other assets engaged in the source-to-pay process. Managers may use the pack to easily discover and qualify suppliers, manage inventories, track assets in transit, enhance business transparency through support, unify asset management and maintenance procedures, do performance analytics, and more.
Business Process Intelligence
RISE with SAP’s business process intelligence capabilities is made up of seven main components. A brief description of each option is provided below.
- The analysis component enables data scientists to go deep into system data to evaluate what’s working and what isn’t, as well as to learn how users interact with the system.
- The design and simulate component allows users to construct and execute business simulations using current business data to evaluate which would produce the greatest results.
- Artificial intelligence, no-code automation, and more complex process automation solutions like SAP Intelligent RPA are all available under the enhanced component.
- The rollout and govern component focuses on process management and governance for end-users, and it enables cooperation and the distribution of critical material to all users from a single source.
- The monitor component keeps an eye on the solution’s performance and ensures that everything is in working order.
- By providing departments with a management space to work on and observe fundamental processes, the model and manage “Home Base” component connects to the rollout and govern component.
- The benchmark component compares a company to SAP’s aggregated industry data in order to give actual comparative analyses and recommendations on the area of improvement.
SAP Business Technology Platform (BTP)
Instead of giving a collection of preconfigured tools, SAP gives RISE with SAP license users cloud credits to utilize on different sections of the SAP Business Technology Platform (SAP BTP).
SAP BTP is a platform-as-a-service (PaaS) solution centered on the intelligent enterprise. It is built around four pillars and incorporates all of the capabilities formerly associated with the SAP Cloud Platform brand. Analytics, application development, interaction with non-SAP solutions, database and data management, and intelligent technologies are all covered by the pillars.
When it comes to spending credits, there are hundreds of possibilities available, ranging from SAP S/4HANA connection to database management to SAP Intelligent Robotic Process Automation and other analytical tools.
Outcome-based Tools and Services
SAP client success depends on the continuous supply of outcome-driven support services. This dedication has resulted in a number of breakthroughs that automatically and rapidly resolve technical challenges. With RISE with SAP, SAP is bringing the experience to the next level.
RISE with SAP gives you access to a variety of services, like lifecycle management, analytics, support, and more, that you’ll need to know about when switching to a cloud ERP system like SAP S/4HANA Cloud. Deployment help and legacy code removal are just a few of the services available, as are supply chain process optimization, business scenario modeling, and intelligent business design.
We have seen what the entire bundle offers you, but where does this benefit you in your digital transformation journey? Let’s see;
Perks for your transformation
RISE with SAP helps clients prepare by laying out a route to becoming an Intelligent Enterprise. There are three phases towards your business transformation as a service:
- Business Process Redesign: RISE with SAP assist you with the necessary tools.
- Technical Migration: It helps clients get from where they are now to where they want to be in the future.
- Creating an Intelligent Enterprise: RISE with SAP will eventually aid all enterprises in becoming intelligent enterprises within a specified period.
SAP aims to become a cloud-first organization, and RISE with SAP offers the business-transformation-as-a service to help the existing on-premise and SAP ERP clients overcome many challenges they face adopting intelligent technologies. They’ve paved the road for easier cloud installations by integrating previously distinct offerings into a single service.
To know more about how RISE with SAP can help your business adapt to intelligence, get in touch with our SAP Expertise.