Traditional Human Resource Management (HRM) is evolving to embrace the employee experience concept and position it as equally vital to customer experience.
Over time, people in charge of Human Resources began to see employees as “human capital” that could be measured and improved with investment, in order to help the organization grow.
Now, the focus has shifted from Human Capital Management to Human Experience Management in recent months. HXM signifies a revolution in mindset, design, and architecture that emphasizes experiences over productivity, allowing people to not only be productive but also to be their best selves and accomplish their full potential.
The enterprises are listening to their workers at all stages of their careers, identifying what matters most to them, and taking action to provide personalized, tailored experiences.
SAP SuccessFactors is one such tool that has evolved from a transactional system to an experience-based system in order to meet the expanding needs of businesses. Let’s look into the need for the evolution journey!
Need for HXM transition
HXM was born out of a need for better human capital management (HCM). HR-driven procedures like salary, training and hiring are supported by HCM. But, like so many other technology and procedures, the business has evolved, and HCM was no longer sufficient to address the demands of an organization’s most valuable asset: its people.
The expectations and experiences of employees, supervisors, and applicants, as well as the realities of ordinary work-life, revealed a significant discrepancy. HCM left little opportunity for improvement or reconsideration of HR’s role in fostering a highly engaged and productive workforce.
HXM turns the traditional HR story on its head by empowering employees with the software and support they need to accomplish their best job.
This cultural change proposes that company success rests on putting people first, which is a new way of handling HR by providing best-in-class experiences to all persons.
Let’s obtain deeper insight into how the SAP SuccessFactors HXM suite helps you enhance the employee experience,
SAP SuccessFactors HXM Suite
Every company’s most valuable asset is its workers, and in today’s highly competitive market, training, engaging, and retaining employees has become a critical success component.
Fortunately, SAP SuccessFactors has created a market-leading application that provides a comprehensive set of people management tools, as well as sophisticated workforce analytics and planning with a next-generation core HR solution that increases executive visibility and decision making.
The SAP SuccessFactors HXM Suite is a cloud-based global human resource management software solution developed to help people and organizations flourish in the experience economy.
The SAP SuccessFactors HXM suite is organized into four categories:
- Employee Experience Management: Offers solutions for employee engagement, lifecycle feedback, staff survey analysis, and benefits package optimization.
- Core HR and Payroll: Provides global HRIS software for payroll, admin, time and attendance, HR help desk, and many more activities.
- Talent Management: Assists you with tools for recruiting, onboarding, performance management, compensation, learning, and succession and development.
- HR Analytics and Workforce Planning: For strategic HR planning, it provides strong, integrated HR analytics and reporting capabilities.
Greg Tomb, President of SAP SuccessFactors explains: “At SAP, HXM means redesigning experiences with the end-user in mind across the entire HR ecosystem. In other words, creating experiences that allow candidates, new hires, recruiters, employees, managers, and HR leaders to do things more quickly and easily so they can be more productive”.
Pillars of the SAP SuccessFactors HXM suite
To better serve employees and company owners, SAP SuccessFactors Human Experience Management (HXM) Suite is built on SAP’s current cloud HRMS. It is built on the following four pillars:
- Experience first approach: Provide an easy-to-use user interface that is tailored to each employee. To develop an engaged, high-performing team, break down HR silos, and provide the correct counsel and suggestions at the right moment.
- The “what” and the “why”: By merging experience data (X-data) with operational (O-data) and HR data, you can learn how workers feel. Utilize these insights to enhance employee experiences at every critical time.
- Depth of strategic HR capabilities: SAP SuccessFactors is the most trusted strategic HR partner, with extensive and cutting-edge capabilities. The mentoring offering is powered by an intelligent algorithm that gives instant recommendations based on various criteria. This makes it much faster and easier to find a mentor or mentee, compared to the traditional method of manually searching for someone who meets your specific needs.
- Open platform and community: Enhance your SAP SuccessFactors capabilities by using SAP’s strength and extensive partner network. Integrate with a wide range of solutions on an open, expandable platform, from AI-powered scheduling to financial solutions.
Features to leverage on SAP SuccessFactors
SAP SuccessFactors unifies your HR data and procedures in a single, cloud-based platform across all the above functional areas. This raises HR’s capabilities and efficiencies to new heights. It has the following significant characteristics:
Automated and Streamlined HR Processes
The cloud-based, integrated suite of apps covers core HR, payroll, talent, analytics, and HR operations are standardized with a simplified approach thanks to the cloud-based, integrated suite of applications. Intelligent Services, for example, are clear and intuitive, outlining the tasks that must be completed while obviating the need for mutual support services.
Enhanced Employee Experience
Employee engagement isn’t just for the course of your job; it’s also for the rest of your life. The objective to provide the best-in-class employee experience, is accomplished through addressing their needs, making their life simpler without prejudice, and providing them with meaningful experiences that will help them become more efficient.
Step into digital transformation
HR automation allows for faster answers and resolutions while also assuring high performance and a positive user experience. With a flexible and expandable cloud system, the SAP HR platform empowers digital methods. This is accomplished by either installing an end-to-end system or just adding features as needed. With AI/ML embedded into the software, it makes suggestions and detects trends.
Streamlined workforce governance
Despite the fact that technology is advancing at a breakneck pace, most individuals only require an internet connection to convert their home into a workstation. Companies must manage a substantial share of their workers as outside labor, in addition to freelancers, due to an increase in part-time and full-time employees.
The integration of SAP SuccessFactors and SAP Fieldglass gives management complete visibility and control, allowing them to make educated decisions. This is accomplished by gaining total control over the workforce, consolidating data into a single platform, and eliminating inconsistencies.
Data Integration and Analysis
HR utilizes SAP SuccessFactors to deliver insightful worker data analytics which paves way for the organization’s growth. This sophisticated visualization tool enables decision-makers to acquire insight into their workforce and make educated or even predictive decisions, resulting in increased productivity, increased income, and increased employee happiness.
Equipping your Workforce
Due to shifting demographics and a shrinking pool of talent, HR needs a fresh strategy to develop a prospective workforce. For a firm to be at the forefront, it takes the greatest personnel and resources to fine-tune this potential.
Want to learn more about how to manage the human experience in your company? Do get in touch with us to learn how to use smart software to improve Human Capital Management.