SAP S/4HANA is one of the most deployed post-modern ERPs. Whilst the ERP of the 20th century concentrated on the digitization of business processes, the post-modern ERP focuses on the digital transformation of the business process. In this blog, I will talk about how SAP S/4HANA transforms Service Order Management.
What functionality does SAP S/4HANA provide for Service Order Management?
- Plan services with appropriate resources and a standardized list of required materials
- Execute services smoothly by ensuring availability of required materials through checks and integrated procurement
- Control costs through granular recording and aggregated real-time views of costs for services provided to customers
What are the benefits of using S/4HANA to manage Service Order Management?
- Reduce service delivery and support cost by referencing relevant information such as service requests and bills of material
- Reduce services and maintenance parts inventory by integrating with inventory management and material requirements planning to optimize stock level
What are the functional changes in the Service Order Management functionality in SAP S/4HANA compared to SAP ECC?
- Capabilities of the SAP HANA platform and database that deliver new business insight, such as operational analytics, and complement traditional service reports
What are the innovations which S/4HANA has brought in for Service Order Management functionality?
- Integration with a simplified data model of SAP S/4HANA
- SAP Fiori–based user experience across all process steps
- Proven user interface for Web and desktop client
Recently, Kaar Tech helped a high-tech manufacturer to migrate from SAP ECC to SAP S/4HANA. If you would like to understand why they moved from SAP ECC to SAP S/4HANA, then I suggest reading this whitepaper. It explains the business benefits and technical benefits accrued as a result of the SAP S/4HANA migration.
Leave A Comment