SAP S/4HANA is one of the most deployed post-modern ERPs. Whilst the ERP of the 20th century concentrated on the digitization of business processes, the post-modern ERP focuses on the digital transformation of the business process. In this blog, I will talk on how SAP S/4HANA transforms Production Scheduling.
What functionality does SAP S/4HANA provide for Production Scheduling?
- Integrate production planning tightly with scheduling and execution for a detailed view of inventory, capacity, and material flow
- Schedule resources optimally by considering finite capacity, sequencing and setup, and material availability
- Address many industry-specific sequencing requirements with configurable, multilevel production scheduling
What are the benefits of using S/4HANA to manage Production Scheduling?
- Reduce days in inventory (work in progress) by integrating scheduling and execution to gain a consistent, real-time view of inventory and product data
- Cut manufacturing cycle time by instantly adapting production schedules to current plant conditions
What are the functional changes in the Production Scheduling functionality in SAP S/4HANA compared to SAP ECC?
- Introduction of advanced production and capacity planning directly into SAP S/4HANA, capabilities that were available only in the SAP Advanced Planning and Optimization (SAP APO) component
- Mill industry scheduling scenario functionality enhanced
What are the innovations which S/4HANA has brought in for Production Scheduling functionality?
- Integration of SAP liveCache technology in SAP HANA database
- Core Interface (CIF) simplification
- Data harmonization
- Extension of material number to 40 characters
- SAP Fiori–based user experience across all process steps
- Role with new, dedicated SAP Fiori apps: —
- Production Planner
Recently, Kaar Tech helped a high-tech manufacturer to migrate from SAP ECC to SAP S/4HANA. If you would like to understand why they moved from SAP ECC to SAP S/4HANA, then I suggest reading this whitepaper. It explains the business benefits and technical benefits accrued as a result of the SAP S/4HANA migration.