How SAP S/4HANA is transforming Maintenance Execution?
SAP S/4HANA is one of the most deployed post-modern ERPs. Whilst the ERP of the 20th century concentrated on the digitization of business processes, the post-modern ERP focuses on the digital transformation of the business process. In this blog, I will talk about how SAP S/4HANA transforms Maintenance Execution.
What functionality does SAP S/4HANA provide for Maintenance Execution?
- Execute maintenance plans to ensure optimal operation of enterprise assets
- Manage preventive or condition-based maintenance proactively
- Perform maintenance activities that enhance safety, environmental, and operational results
What are the benefits of using S/4HANA to manage Maintenance Execution?
- Improve “wrench time” with proactive maintenance execution
- Increase reliability of assets with the collection of accurate information
- Enhance safety and environmental compliance through integrated permit and work clearance features
What are the functional changes in the Maintenance Execution functionality in SAP S/4HANA compared to SAP ECC?
- Enhancement of technical object breakdown analysis (combines transactions MCI7, MCJB, and MCJC)
- Simplified search and viewing of all master data and transactional data from maintenance management
What are the innovations which S/4HANA has brought in for Maintenance Execution functionality?
- Core data services (CDS) view for damage analysis, location analysis, object statistics, planner group analysis, and manufacturer analysis
- SAP intends to provide more flexible and improved analytical capabilities to monitor the performance of assets in a future release of SAP S/4HANA, helping to reduce risk through improved asset reliability
- SAP Fiori–based user experience across all process steps
- SAP intends to provide additional SAP Fiori apps to support more efficient management of the breakdown maintenance process in a future release of SAP S/4HANA by improving information gathering and reducing asset downtime.
- Roles with new, dedicated SAP Fiori apps:
- Maintenance Planner
- Maintenance Technician
- Employee –Maintenance Info
Recently, Kaar Tech helped a high tech manufacturer to migrate from SAP ECC to SAP S/4HANA. If you would like to understand why they moved from SAP ECC to SAP S/4HANA, then I suggest reading this whitepaper. It explains the business benefits and technical benefits accrued as a result of the SAP S/4HANA migration.