How SAP S/4HANA is transforming Health and Safety Management?
SAP S/4HANA is one of the most deployed post-modern ERPs. Whilst the ERP of the 20th century concentrated on the digitization of business processes, the post-modern ERP focuses on the digital transformation of the business process. In this blog, I will talk about how SAP S/4HANA transforms Health and Safety Management.
What functionality does SAP S/4HANA provide for Health and Safety Management?
- Reduce risks by taking a proactive approach to health and safety management
- Identify hazards, implement controls, and manage tasks to reduce risk and ensure compliance with health and safety management software from SAP that can help you:
- Prevent exposure to chemicals and workplace hazards by monitoring industrial hygiene and health
- Engage workers in health and safety efforts by providing easy access to chemical safety information and running safety inspections
- Reduce operational risks by ensuring that plant managers have a comprehensive view of risk data
What are the benefits of using S/4HANA to manage Health and Safety Management?
- Increase employee engagement by providing clear instructions to workers so that they can take proper action to control risks
- Reduce environment, health, and safety (EH&S) penalties and finesby providing a systematic way to identify, analyze, and control risks
- Reduce unplanned downtime or outages by proactively identifying and mitigating safety risks to help ensure that production processes run more smoothly and equipment is more reliable
What are the functional changes in the Health and Safety Management functionality in SAP S/4HANA compared to SAP ECC?
- Accelerated performance of daily health and safety data processing
- Dedicated risk Identification process
- Monitoring of implementation of controls to mitigate risks
- Support of business unit–specific setup of risk identification and assessment process
- Core data services (CDS)–based analytics to gain better and faster insights into safety performance
What are the innovations which S/4HANA has brought in for Health and Safety Management functionality?
- CDS views for detailed analysis of materials and chemicals in stock, including greenhouse gas classification and hazardous ingredients
- Delivery of occupational exposure limit values with good worldwide coverage (~70,000 limit values, ~100 regulatory lists, and ~ 65 countries)
Recently, Kaar Tech helped a high tech manufacturer to migrate from SAP ECC to SAP S/4HANA. If you would like to understand why they moved from SAP ECC to SAP S/4HANA, then I suggest reading this whitepaper. It explains the business benefits and technical benefits accrued as a result of the SAP S/4HANA migration.