How SAP S/4HANA is transforming Environment Management?
SAP S/4HANA is one of the most deployed post-modern ERPs. Whilst the ERP of the 20th century concentrated on the digitization of business processes, the post-modern ERP focuses on the digital transformation of the business process. In this blog, I will talk about how SAP S/4HANA transforms Environment Management.
What functionality does SAP S/4HANA provide for Environment Management?
- Reduce environmental impact with comprehensive environment management
- Comply with regulations, internal policies, and environmental operating permits, and reduce waste and emissions, with environment management software from SAP that allows you to:
- Define requirements and ensure timely completion of related tasks
- Collect, calculate, and process environmental emission data
- Record deviations and take corrective action
- Give plant managers a comprehensive view of environmental performance
What are the benefits of using S/4HANA to manage Environment Management?
- Reduce environment, health, and safety (EH&S) penalties and finesby meeting regulatory agency, industry, and corporate needs for emissions and other EH&S regulations
- Reduce write-offs for uncollectible accounts receivable by understanding and planning for regulatory and emissions risk management
What are the functional changes in the Environment Management functionality in SAP S/4HANA compared to SAP ECC?
- Accelerated performance of daily environmental data processing
- Graphical user interface to manage emission data
- File-based emission data import
- Support for hourly calculations
- Support of list substance synonyms and conditions
- Delivered example methodologies for greenhouse gas emission calculations
What are the innovations which S/4HANA has brought in for Environment Management functionality?
- 17 equations related to 40 CFR Part 75 Emissions Monitoring Policy Manual regarding continuous emission monitoring
- 8 predefined calculation methodologies for 40 CFR Part 98, referred to as the Greenhouse Gas Reporting Program: calculation methodologies covering 56 single expressions from tier 1, tier 2, and tier 3 of 40 CFR Part 98 Subpart C and the conversion of CO2, N2O and CH4emissions into CO2equivalents
- SAP Fiori–based user experience across all process steps
- Scalable role assignment that leverages the location hierarchy
- More scalable setup process with the new copy compliance scenario feature
- Improved substance handling: new list and improved search features
- Roles with new, dedicated SAP Fiori apps:
- Environmental Engineer
- Environmental Technician
Recently, Kaar Tech helped a high tech manufacturer to migrate from SAP ECC to SAP S/4HANA. If you would like to understand why they moved from SAP ECC to SAP S/4HANA, then I suggest reading this whitepaper. It explains the business benefits and technical benefits accrued as a result of the SAP S/4HANA migration.