Understanding SAP Support offering types & costing model
A good understanding of the SAP Support offerings and costing model will help make the right choice for your organization. There are five different SAP support offerings for On-Prem & Cloud customers,
- SAP Preferred care (Cloud platform, Business ByDesign & Ariba) – 20% of license buy price payable every year
- SAP preferred Success (For Hybris & SuccessFactors) – 20% of license buy price payable every year
- SAP Standard support – 19% of license buy price payable every year
- SAP enterprise support – 22% of license buy price payable every year
- SAP VAR delivered support (VDS) – 22% of license buy price payable every year
While SAP preferred care & SAP preferred success are optional to customers. SAP standard/ enterprise/ VDS is mandatory on On-Prem licenses.
SAP Enterprise Support (22% of the license buy price)
The SAP Enterprise Support offering is SAP’s support engagement where SAP commits to simplify and optimize business and IT operations, minimize business disruption, and speed time-to-value with the rapid adoption of innovation. SAP Enterprise Support includes application maintenance i.e., continuous improvement and innovation (such as new software releases and support packages) and to deliver value along the four dimensions of
- collaboration with SAP experts
- empowerment (for example, via the SAP Enterprise Support Academy program)
- innovation and value realization (for example, via SAP Enterprise Support value maps)
- mission-critical support (including service-level agreements for incident handling and corrective action plan proposals). In addition, SAP Enterprise Support includes enhanced usage rights for SAP Solution Manager (for example, for business process optimization, process documentation, and custom-code management).
SAP Standard Support (19% of the license buy price)
The SAP Standard Support service includes application maintenance i.e., continuous improvement and innovation (such as new software releases and support packages) – as well as baseline support services to enable continuous and effective operations of SAP solutions. It provides a range of tools and remote services designed to maintain the technical robustness of SAP applications and respond to technical disruptions as well as tools to better manage SAP solutions – for example, usage rights for SAP Solution Manager. Customers benefit from SAP Standard Support in terms of reliable response to technical disruptions and sustained system integrity.
SAP VAR delivered Support (22% of the license buy price)
SAP Partner with Partner center of expertise (POCE) is responsible for service and support of its customers & conforms to technical and organizational standards set by SAP. Partner responsibilities include
- Communicating with the customer throughout the incident lifecycle
- Searching all available sources for a documented solution
- Validating and reproducing the customer’s problem
- Troubleshooting the problem and analyzing error logs and core dumps
- Ensuring a remote connection to the customer’s system is available
- Providing thorough documentation of the problem to SAP in English, if the incident is forwarded
There are technical quality check (TQC) reports available for customers as part of VDS which are charged by SAP under Standard / Enterprise support.
- TQC for Integration validation
- TQC for SAP early watch check
- TQC for SAP OS/DB migration check
- TQC for Business process analysis & monitoring
- TQC for SAP Security optimization check
- TQC for Technical performance optimization
- TQC for Transport execution analysis
- TQC for Business process performance monitoring
- TQC for Data volume management
- TQC for SAP upgrade assessment
- TQC for EHP installation check
- TQC for SAP Downtime assessment
If you would like to have a discussion to decide which support offering is right for your organization, please fill this contact form or send us an email at email@example.com and we will contact you as soon as possible.