- Our client’s knowledge management consulting practice excels in delivering high value ECM solutions utilizing the OpenText platform. They focus on providing the best and most experienced resources to solve the hardest ECM issues that organizations face.
- The ECM Solution Architect will work with clients to evaluate current environments and business needs. This person will design and deliver Enterprise Content Management solutions using OpenText products. This resource will lead teams of analysts, developers and testers in delivering ECM solutions, and will be responsible for creating and documenting ECM designs as well as implementing the solutions.
Technical skills, knowledge and Experience:
- Experience : 5-8yrs
- Education : Any Graduate Level Program
- Industry Type: IT-Software / Software Services
- Functional Area : Others
- Experience with OpenText Content Server version 9.x or 10.x is required.
- Experience configuring three or more OpenText Content Server modules:
- Records Management
- Classifications / RM Classifications
- Workflows / Advanced Workflows
- LiveReports / Web Reports
- Physical Objects
- Experience with the OpenText for SAP suite of products is preferred (xECM, VIM, EFM, CIM, DAM, etc.)
- Expertise with work productivity tools:
- Excellent Verbal and Written Communication Skills
- Excellent software demonstration skills
- Ability to identify business problems that can be solved with technology
- Experience with multiple development languages including O-Script, LAPI and OT Web Services\Experience with hardware, network and system architecture design, implementation and maintenance.
- Minimum 5 years experience of OpenText ECM solution architecture, design and delivery on large scale and complex projects, and working with global teams in a distributed delivery model.
- Minimum 3 – 5 years hands-on experience on configuration and installation of Content Server systems, including Content Server 9.7.1 or Content Server 2010.
- Successful scoping, requirements analysis, implementation and ongoing maintenance of an unstructured content management system, including Web content management, records management, document imaging and workflow, and/or e-mail or content archiving
- Duty and standards – please note this list is not to be regarded as exclusive.
- Duties (100%)
- Produce documentation that adheres to the Systems Development Life Cycle
- (SDLC) standards and procedures including: requirements, design, testing and training documentation for OpenText
- Collect, assimilate and communicate client information needs to the client*s management team.
- Provide expert consultancy, technical ideas and knowledge to assist our clients with their multichannel technical vision, strategy and roadmap .
- Assist with functional and system integration testing for software upgrades, customizations, patches, etc.
- Learn and understand client*s business processes
- Look for opportunities to add value to clients document management processes with additional Content Server modules or features .
- Ensure project quality and on-time deliverables
- Manage assignments from conception to completion
- Communicate business and technical impacts which affect scheduling to management in advance
- Design and develop Content Server Workflows, Reports and Forms
- Customize the Content Server Application Programming Interface (LAPI) using Livelink Builder
- Serve as Technical lead for Content Server administration, design and configuration; including search configuration and optimization and index management; managing error logs and system back-ups; failover strategies and implementation; etc.
- Develop content migration plan from one or more sources to new environments and design the required interfaces
- Identify and develop Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and Service Level
- Agreements (SLAs) in coordination with client for ongoing production support.
- Accountable for Open Text product roadmap and release management.
- Ensure project quality and on-time deliverables.
- Manage assignments from conception to completion.
- Identify, troubleshoot and resolve system technical issues.