Order-to-Cash (Project-Based Services) | SAP Business ByDesign
Order-to-cash scenario integrates Customer Relationship Management, Project Management, and service delivery with Financial and management accounting to enable companies to sell professional services. It also supports project lifecycle capabilities to help manage and deliver services.
SAP Business ByDesign supports the entire order-to-cash scenario from Order Management, Project Management, and Time and Expense recordings through to the settlement of invoices. You can also
- Boost speed to revenue
- Decrease the cost of selling and delivering services
- Increase your profitability
- Improve customer satisfaction by delivering on time and on budget
Order-to-cash scenario description
The business situation for order-to-cash controls the intact end-to-end process of selling project-based services to customers. In addition, this situation integrates sales quotes and sales orders with project management, which enables you to create customer invoices for time and expenses filed upon a customer project. Henceforth, invoices can be generated on a time and materials basis, a fixed-price basis, or a combination of both.
Customer payments – monitored after the invoice generated. This situation also helps to analyse the project profitability based on project costs and revenues.
- Integrated business scenarios – supported for customers focusing on professional services from order capturing, engagement execution to financial and project accounting.
- Project lifecycle provides a holistic view of projects, from project planning and execution to project billing as well as project controlling, including powerful analytics.
- Integrated resources are provided for estimating job time requirements and labour cost as well as planning optimal service routes.
- Expense items can be tracked and invoiced within quotes and sales orders
- Boost sales through sales of third-party services including procurement and financial integration of third-party costs
- Project billing and revenue management are supported, either time-and-expense or fixed-price billing
- Accurate information – available on already billed and unbilled time and expenses.
- A scalable process for revenue recognition supports different accounting principles
- Built-in analytics and reporting provide an accurate view of the point-in-time project cost as well as revenues, which leads to a more profitable business.
Learn more about SAP Business ByDesign here