SAP Mobile Platform: Power and Water Utility case study
SAP Mobile Platform: Power and Water Utility case study will talk about the business situation of a prominent Water and Power Utility in the Middle East. And also, why they chose Kaar Tech for implementing SAP Mobile Platform to automate workforce management.
The Client is Saudi Arabia’s first private integrated utility company for Power and Water. It is headquartered in Jubail. The main objective of the organization is to undertake the operation, maintenance, management, expansion and construction of seawater cooling systems, desalinated and treated water systems and electric power systems. Thus, they provide essential utility services to industrial, commercial and residential customers in the industrial cities of Jubail and Yanbu.
Kaar Technologies implemented SAP Mobile platform with App protection to automatize workforce management for work order implementation. Kaar also implemented SAP Business Intelligence in order to have dedicated and efficient Business Intelligence.
Business Challenges and Opportunities:
- There is no capability to register readings inside SAP, in turn preventing maintenance.
- Non-efficient analysis of work orders implemented
- No standard Business Intelligence
- No advanced scheduling or Resource Management
Why SAP Mobility Platform?
SAP Mobile Platform is a mobile enterprise application platform for creating applications. The main purpose is to connect business data to mobile devices. Hence, this is useful for workflow management and back-office integration.
Post comprehensively analyzing the business situation, Kaar Technologies proposed a solution to enhance the CPO (Cockpit Performance for Operation and Maintenance). Thus, this centralizes and monitors all the client’s facilities from one strategic site. The following solutions were implemented
- SAP Mobile Platform with Mobile App Protection(MAP)
- SAP GIS Interface
- Multi-Resource Scheduling with an optimizer
- SAP Galigeo
After: Value-Driven Results
- It provides a consistent platform for exchange of data
- Improved Analysis of all the data recorded
- Automatic application security
- Automatized workforce management
- Finally, increased reliability of linear assets and data
You can download the full case study here.
Additionally, if you are looking to adopt SAP Mobile Platform (SMP) and require a consultation on the licenses or implementation, send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will get back to you within one business day.