SAP Technical Upgrade: Oil & Gas Company Case Study
SAP Technical Upgrade: Oil & Gas Company Case Study blog will talk about the business situation of a Leading Petrochemical Company in KSA. Furthermore, how Kaar Technologies upgrades the existing SAP system to support to the latest version.
The client is the world’s leading Petrochemical manufactures and markets methanol, butane-diol, tetrahydrofuran, acetic acid, acetic anhydride, vinyl acetate monomer, as well as carbon monoxide through its various affiliates located in KSA.
The client serves its customers in the construction, solvents, automotive, electronics, polymer, coatings, and also pharmaceutical industries that help to improve the lives of people worldwide.
Kaar Technologies helped the client with SAP BPC to provide an automated solution, based on SAP for managing the end-end processes. In addition, it helped the client to continue the progress towards becoming the world’s leading integrated energy and chemicals enterprise, a top refiner and a creator of energy technologies.
Before: Challenges and Opportunities
- The existing system of the client was running since 2003. Thus the Technical Upgrade of the existing ERP landscape became absolutely necessary
- Since technology and businesses evolve, the client needed to maintain a technological infrastructure
that can support that change
- SAP supports a released version of its software only for a limited period
Kaar Tech’s Solution
Kaar Tech implemented the following, as part of its technical upgrade
- Upgrade from R/3 Enterprise (4.7×220) to ERP 2005 (ECC 6.0) with EHP4 on a new platform
- Upgrade from Windows 2003 32bit to windows 2008 64bit
- Unicode activation and conversion of the database
- Upgrade from Microsoft SQL 2000 to Microsoft SQL 2008
- Upgrade from EP 6.40 sp19 to EP 7.0 with EHP1
- To Install and Configure the Basic Settings for Solution Manager
After: Value-Driven Results
- More efficient procedure and streamlined business operations.
- Automation of several back-office functions
- Increased lifespan of the SAP system
- Reduction in costs and the amount of labour
- Increased productivity
- Increased efficiency and visibility of day-to-day operations
You can download the full case study here.
Furthermore, if you are looking to adopt SAP Technical Upgrade: Oil & Gas Company Case Study and require a consultation on the licenses or implementation, send me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will get back to you within one business day.