Disaster Recovery for a Metal Product Manufacturer Case Study
Disaster Recovery for a Metal Product Manufacturer Case Study will talk about the business situation of a Metal Engineering giant in the Middle East, and also why they chose KCloud unique Disaster Recovery methodology for protecting their IT Landscape.
The Client is a Saudi Joint Stock Company, specializing in Manufacturing Metal Engineering Products and Services. Established in 1989, the Client is the second largest industrial and petrochemical company in KSA. The Enterprise is a well-established, rapidly growing business since its inception with a strong market presence in more than 14 countries.
The Client’s rapidly growing global business drove the need for an enterprise IT Disaster Recovery (DR) plan in order to protect corporate assets and prevent loss in the event of any disaster.
Therefore, KCloud strategically devised and implemented a Disaster Recovery Plan for the client, that ensured minimum business disruption and almost negligible data loss.
Challenges and Objectives:
- Fully document the business process and devise an effective DR plan
- To safeguard corporate assets, data and information in the event of a disaster
- To continuously monitor and test the Disaster Recovery Plan
- Finally, to prevent valuable data loss
KCloud’s unique Disaster Recovery Methodology
- No business is invulnerable to IT disasters, but speedy recovery due to a well-crafted IT disaster recovery plan is expected by today’s ever-demanding customers
- KCloud designed the DR strategy for SAP HANA Production in such an efficient way to protect the data at different levels and to meet customer desired RTO / RPO.
- The direction of data sync is from production -> Hot standby in a different physical server but in the same location -> DR server located in a different region
- The sync is an almost real-time which helps customer to have negligible or no data loss.
- Periodic DR Drill to make sure the DR design serves the purpose
- In addition to that, redundant copies of Database backup in different regions help to mitigate multiple DR scenarios.
After: Value-Driven Results
- KCloud was able to successfully implement failover and failback of the production system
- Guaranteed two-level protection of all the data and applications
- Real-time synchronization and negligible data loss
- World class stability and availability of core business processes
- End-to-end visibility of IT infrastructure from a DR perspective
You can Download the full Case Study here.
If you are looking to host on KCloud and require a consultation on the licenses or implementation, contact us here.
You can also look for more such case studies and resources on our Website.