How SAP S/4HANA is transforming Constraint Based Production Planning ?
SAP S/4HANA is one of the most deployed post-modern ERPs. Whilst the ERP of the 20th century concentrated on the digitization of business processes, the post-modern ERP focuses on the digital transformation of the business process. In this blog, I will talk on how SAP S/4HANA transforms Constraint-Based Production Planning.
What functionality does SAP S/4HANA provide for Constraint-Based Production Planning?
- Shorten lead times and reduce costs with constraint-based production planning using SAP S/4HANA
- Maintain quality products and decrease costs by reacting quickly to changes on the plant floor
What are the benefits of using S/4HANA to manage Constraint-Based Production Planning?
- Increase speed and responsiveness of production planning by linking advanced planning processes to manufacturing execution
- Improve customer service by enhancing visibility into manufacturing capacity and responding quickly to new demand
What are the functional changes in the Constraint-Based Production Planning functionality in SAP S/4HANA compared to SAP ECC?
- Introduction of advanced production and capacity planning directly into SAP S/4HANA, capabilities that were available only in the SAP Advanced Planning and Optimization (SAP APO) component
What are the innovations which S/4HANA has brought in for Constraint-Based Production Planning functionality?
- Integration of SAP liveCache technology in SAP HANA database
- Core interface (CIF) simplification
- Data harmonization
- Extension of material number to 40 characters
- SAP Fiori–based user experience across all process steps
- Role with new, dedicated SAP Fiori apps: —
- Production Planner
Recently, Kaar Tech helped a high tech manufacturer to migrate from SAP ECC to SAP S/4HANA. If you would like to understand why they moved from SAP ECC to SAP S/4HANA, then I suggest reading this whitepaper. It explains the business benefits and technical benefits accrued as a result of the SAP S/4HANA migration.