Is S/4HANA Migration – A Myth or Reality?
SAP Business Suite 4 SAP HANA (SAP S/4HANA) is the latest business suite officially announced by SAP in 2015. Owing to the massive improvements in Hardware (Huge memory and multicore processors at low cost), SAP has replaced their existing products via SAP S/4HANA. This is built on the in-memory SAP HANA Platform. S/4HANA Migration is an inevitable choice for the ERP customers who require Digital Transformation.
Overview of S/4HANA Releases:
- SAP S/4HANA Finance 1503 : March-2015
- SAP S/4HANA 1511 : November 2015
- SAP S/4HANA Finance 1605 : May 2016
- SAP S/4HANA 1610 : October 2016
- SAP S/4HANA 1709 : September 2017
- SAP S/4HANA Cloud 1711 : November 2017
The SAP S/4HANA 1709 runs on SAP HANA 2 which enables customer to benefit from latest technologies in the database system.
Key aspects of SAP S/4HANA:
- S/4HANA is natively built on SAP HANA Platform. Thanks to the SAP HANA, it is powerful in terms of Predictive Analytics, Text mining, real-time decision support etc.,
- Personalized UX (User Experience) with SAP Fiori and is compatible in computers, laptops, mobiles and tablets.
- Simplified data models by removing unnecessary tables
- Can be deployed in cloud (public), on-premise (private) or hybrid.
- Edition based ERP with Cloud extensions
- Enterprise Edition: SuccessFactors, Employee Central, Fieldglass, Hybris, Concur and Ariba
- Project Services Edition: SuccessFactors (Employee Central), Fieldglass, Concur and Ariba
- Marketing Edition: Hybris (Customer Engagement and Commerce)
- Real-time OLAP allows to run all operational reports using SAP HANA Live
- Fiori Business cockpits using SAP HANA live provides real-time insights in real-time business processes
- Eliminates batch processes
S/4HANA TRANSITION SCENARIOS:
- System Conversion: SAP customers migrate from current SAP system to S/4HANA
- New Implementation: Customers migrate from a legacy system to S/4HANA as a greenfield implementation
- Landscape Transformation: Customers who want to consolidate their landscapes or carve out selected entities or processes into S/4HANA.
S/4HANA MIGRATION ACCELERATORS:
- SAP Transformation Navigator: The SAP Transformation Navigator tool is used by customers to lay out their technology landscape for SAP and recommends where they should prioritize S/4HANA Migration.
- SAP Readiness check for SAP S/4HANA: SAP Readiness Check for SAP S/4HANA supports customers who plan to convert existing SAP ERP 6.x systems to SAP S/4HANA. It checks both your production systems and your development systems for SAP S/4HANA conversion compatibility and necessary conversion preparation steps. The results are consolidated in an interactive dashboard for internal or for SAP communication.
- SAP S/4HANA Migration Cockpit: It is a Web Based Tools to migrate Legacy Data into S/4HANA. It allows us to download predefined Excel Sheet-Templates, so that the legacy data can be extracted into this format and upload in S/4HANA by using the Migration Cockpit. Basic Mapping Functionality is provided. This cockpit supports the transition process for customers who are newly implementing SAP S/4HANA. The tool is based on proven migration technologies and is available for SAP S/4HANA as well as for SAP S/4HANA Cloud.
- SAP S/4HANA MIGRATION OBJECT MODELER: The SAP S/4HANA Migration Object Modeler is an application that can be used to adjust the migration objects that are used in the SAP S/4HANA Migration Cockpit. In the SAP S/4HANA Migration Cockpit, you use templates that specify the relevant data for each migration object. SAP provide templates (Microsoft Excel XML files) that you can use for each migration object. If a template does not meet your business requirement (for example if the relevant Microsoft Excel XML file does not contain all the fields that you need for the target structure), you can use the SAP S/4HANA Migration Object Modeler to adjust the relevant migration object
To learn more about how to do S/4HANA migrations, I suggest having a look at this webinar or connect with us at firstname.lastname@example.org